Helen Myers (The Ottawa Caretakers)

John Ledbetter

Subscriber
For those who may not know. I had a long visit with George Myers this afternoon. He said Helen was very sick with non- operable lung cancer. I'm not sure if she is in a nursing home or hospital. George said she told him there were lots of emails that she could not get answered, so now you know why. George said he did not operate the computer and it was shut down.
I'm sure they would appreciate all our prayers & thoughts.

oldironcollector

Subscriber
I hate to hear that about Helen, George and Helen are 2 fine folks. Prayers go out to both of them. I am gonna miss seeing them at Portland for sure.

Dan Baalman

Subscriber
Being an Ottawa collector as well, they have been a great help to me, and a huge resource of info and parts. Hope all is as good as can be for them both. Damn cigarettes anyway.

HBurk

Subscriber
I knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. VERY sorry to hear that. George and Helen are VERY dear friends of mine. :( :mad: :(

Bob Whitney

Subscriber
Sorry to heer about Helen. I have known Helen and George for meny years, they helped me out a lot with my Buzz Master? I always stopped by and said hi at Portland. Bummer:(
Bob

Kevin O. Pulver

Email NOT Working
I am afraid to count how many acquaintances, friends, and family members I have lost to cancer. But I have come to believe that there is a lot more hope for a cure than most people realize. There is a book called, "Cancer-step outside the box" by Ty Bollinger that is very good. You can read about it at
www.cancerstepoutsidethebox.com
I also saw a website yesterday called, www.cancertutor.com that seemed to have a lot of good information along the same lines of alternative therapy. (Which has been demonized by the American Medical Assn. which has a very low rate of cure). WHY you ask wouldn't we be told if the answer was so obvious? The cancer tutor website answers that in a page found on the left side bar called, "14 questions".
I pray that George and Helen will find the help they need and that she will be healed. Of course, we'll all eventually die even if we live healthy to 120 years old, so the best prescription for preparation would be the B-I-B-L-E!
Kevin

LCJudge

Subscriber
Helen and George have been great friends for several years. They are the type folks you always look for at shows because you know they will have a kind word, a smile, and a cheerful attitude about the old iron hobby and life in general. My heart goes out to Helen and George and I pray the best for them.

Chris J

Very Saddening to hear this. Helen's always been a good friend and person to talk to about Ottawa's. It is hard to believe how much I have learned about Ottawa Drag Saws from her! And will miss chatting through the e-mails, Hopefully she will be back to it before too long!

I hope she turns around for the better!

Take Care Helen and George.

J ohn

Subscriber
Sure am saddened to hear this. We first met them at LeSueur , MN swap & Helen let me use / try out her new digital camera not even knowing if I would come back, TRUST. She had sent near daily emails to my wife Carol. We near them many times at Portland, Waukee, Coolspring & there place. Hope for a recovery & God Bless the good memories, John & Carol

Andrew Mackey

Over the years, has anyone taken the time to write down the information Helen has? It would be a shame to lose all the effort and knowledge she obviously has given over the years. I do not know her personally, but I wish her well, and hope she is comfortable. I know what she is going thru, went thru it with my mom many years ago. Mom would not give up the cigarettes, even when she was sucking the oxygen straight out of the bottle. She would light one up, and it would burn like a dynamite fuse. 3 or 4 puffs, and gone! They say that they are addictive, there was proof in that.

Andrew

Geist

Subscriber
Helen is in a nursing home. Puter is shut down. :(
do you know which home she is in? i just got to know them last summer at portland and they are great couple and they helped me out last summer to find a piston that i needed for a rare engine that i have. then found out we only live about 15 miles from them

Randy and Bonnie:(

HBurk

Subscriber
Randy,
No I don't. I talked to George on the phone the other night, and he told me she was in a nursing home, but he didn't say which one. He was at home, so it must be close to him.

Culy

If someone could get a mailing address for Helen, we could get a card shower going for her. They were always great neighbors @ portland. Or if someone would want the cards sent to them and forward them all in one package together to her? That would be a good thought and suprise for her.

HBurk

Subscriber
Randy,
I just talked to George, and he told me Helen is at Terry Village.
Culy, and everyone else,
George told me that it was ok to post their address: 672 Robinson road, Blain, Pa., 17006.

Geist

Subscriber
If someone could get a mailing address for Helen, we could get a card shower going for her. That would be a good thought and suprise for her.
That sounds like a good idea, how about getting a card shower going for her? her address is posted

Thanks
Randy