• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Help getting my Father's Mini Mac up and Running Again

flywelder

Registered
I have my fathers little chain saw, I would like to get it running again. It has not run in over 35 years. It turns over when I pull the starter rope. It is a mini mac. Is it practical, and wise, to get it up and running to use at my house again? Plus, I need sources for a kit to rebuild the carb, and a link to the correct kit, and I welcome all helpful tips for rebuilding this chain saw. Thank you.

Attachments

gdstew

Registered
Re: help getting my father's mini mac up and running again

What you have is a noisy, hard to handle saw that likes to fall apart. We were always replacing the screws that fell out. McCulloch later on used bigger screws. The starters were somewhat "delicate", you must short stroke them. They are fine if a keepsake or for something to play with but if you want a dependable saw, buy a new one.

AZBolens800

Registered

I tried to fix one of those, turns out you can only get part of the carb kit:bonk:
Not the best saws when new and time has not done them any good.

flywelder

Registered

Thank you both for responding, your info has been a tremendous help, and guidance. I will shelf this model chainsaw as a keep sake of times with dad. Much appreciated!!