• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Help Identify Hand Truck Wooden Barrel Hauler

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
dug out this old vintage hand truck that I think was used for hauling around the wooden keg/barrel style containers. Would like to know if someone can help date this unit? Im thinking early 1900's? I have no idea the maker, there is a few casting numbers i found on some parts. Appriciate you thoughts. Thank you

Attachments

Lonnie Grissom

Registered
It's was made move metal drums around and you could lay the drum horizontal hence the balled ends on handles. Garages and industries used these in the 1940's to move oil and grease near to work site. I don't know why the foot hold down was made on trucks. Possibility to help hold if the drum was up right and a pump was used in the drum if it was near empty.