• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Help Me Choose A Color

D

Dan Bogart

My wife says my color choices stink! I need to paint the cart for my 10 HP Stover very soon. Any ideas would be welcome. (engine is red) Thanks Dan

R

Randy Ackley

I have an original, 1911-1912 STOVER saw-rig cart, that has remnants of red paint on the wood. However, there's no paint to be seen on the iron wheels, so that color, I couldn't tell you. Personally, I'd put several clear coats of Spar-Varnish or something like that on the wood to bring out the wood grain & paint the wheels red, to match the engine, but that's me.

ACKLEY'S ANTIQUE ENGINE GALLERY

A

Adam Cottrill

Hey,

Mate im not married (nor have been) but I think this might be a good time to let your wife choose the colour! maybe even classify it as "her" engine. Hey it works well with girl friends it should work with wifes??? Shouldnt it?

D

Doug Wilson

Finish the wood natural, the trucks, running gear Gloss black , and the wheels the same red as your engine . doug.

H

Hal Davis

I don't know about that "her" engine stuff. My wife laid claim to my first engine right after I got it. I had to buy her a tractor to get the engine back.