• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Hit & Miss Model from Banggood

eddie bedwell

Registered
Hi Team,
I dismantled most of my engine so as to tap the mounting bolt threads larger diameter and deeper in the base.
I also found one of the main bearing housing bolts was stripped--I tapped them deeper too and fitted longer bolts--I machined an alloy plate to go under the engine for the flywheels to clear the wooden board I mounted the unit to.

Anyway I retimed it as any other automatic inlet valve engine I ever worked on in nearly 40 years of playing with these old jiggers--exhaust valve to close at or as near to TDC as the gearing and valve lash settings will allow.

Thanks for the alloy plug tip as my radial engines had these--just trying to think of something as a fix for anyone without the luxury of owning a lathe like myself.

I also found my flywheel appeared to be wobbly, by re-tightening the pair of opposing grub screws, that affix the flywheels to the crank, I got it to run true with little difficulty.

Cheers,
Eddie B.

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Hi Team,
I dismantled most of my engine so as to tap the mounting bolt threads larger diameter and deeper in the base.
I also found one of the main bearing housing bolts was stripped--I tapped them deeper too and fitted longer bolts--I machined an alloy plate to go under the engine for the flywheels to clear the wooden board I mounted the unit to.

Anyway I retimed it as any other automatic inlet valve engine I ever worked on in nearly 40 years of playing with these old jiggers--exhaust valve to close at or as near to TDC as the gearing and valve lash settings will allow.

Thanks for the alloy plug tip as my radial engines had these--just trying to think of something as a fix for anyone without the luxury of owning a lathe like myself.

I also found my flywheel appeared to be wobbly, by re-tightening the pair of opposing grub screws, that affix the flywheels to the crank, I got it to run true with little difficulty.

Cheers,
Eddie B.
[/QUOTHi Ed my crank shaft is slightly bent before the gear and not sure how to straighten it.E

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Hi Does any one know what size o rings to get that fit on the piston? I thought it took 22x1mm but the o ring is too big diameter for the piston.

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Piston o-rings are 22mm x 1mm. Oringsandmore.com

---------- Post added at 08:04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57:19 PM ----------

Oops!! 20mm x 1mm. That's what happens when I try to go off memory.
On the banggood site it says 22x1 mm but I guess the newer water cooled engines take a different size.

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
I just had a gander at the Banggood website and they have some interesting stuff. I showed it to Mrs Scotty and apparently she already shops there.
She's never bought me anything from there. :cry:
Cheers Scott