• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Hit & Miss Model from Banggood

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Hi Tim,
both my pickups--that is the failed unit and the updated one in use-- have 3 wires that are colored thus:- White, Black and Red from the top, when the circuit board is mounted on the engine--this sets the black pickup blob, soldered at the back of the circuit board, facing out to the magnet--wires are facing outwards also ???
Cheers,
Eddie B.
Hi Ed on my vertical engine the sensor is mounted to the engine near the magnet and 2 wires connect to it.

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
From what I understand the are 2 types of ignitions for those model engines. I have the black ignition.
I tried a reedswitch but it seemed the magnet on the wheel of the engine was too weak to trip the switch. I then tried a switch from Mouser and it worked the switch is a reed switch amesco 507-ams-7b

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
I tried a reedswitch but it seemed the magnet on the wheel of the engine was too weak to trip the switch. I then tried a switch from Mouser and it worked the switch is a reed switch amesco 507-ams-7b
I get good spark now but having trouble with the valve timing. I have the exhaust valve close at top dead center but it wont fire right.

JohnTaylor

Registered
I get good spark now but having trouble with the valve timing. I have the exhaust valve close at top dead center but it wont fire right.
Hello Tim. You may have to retime the engine. Losen the set screw on the round wheel with the magnet and move it a little at a time to adjust. I think you move backwards to advance and forward to retard the time? Good luck.

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Hello Tim. You may have to retime the engine. Losen the set screw on the round wheel with the magnet and move it a little at a time to adjust. I think you move backwards to advance and forward to retard the time? Good luck.
Hi John my problem is the cam to crank timing because I had the crank shaft out to straighten the crank shaft by a machine shop.

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
Tim, set your cam so that just before the bottom of the power stroke the exhaust valve begins to open.

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
They are very forgiving. I have engines that begin opening the exhaust anywhere from 20-60 degrees before BDC.
They close just before TDC.
I had some one look at my engine and he says high compression is causing the flywheel on the governor side to soosen up and it gets closer to the governor mechanism. Do other members have that problem and I was using lighter fljuid to run my engine because it has oil in it and it causes a lot of soot. What do other people use for running the engine thanks.

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
I had some one look at my engine and he says high compression is causing the flywheel on the governor side to soosen up and it gets closer to the governor mechanism. Do other members have that problem and I was using lighter fljuid to run my engine because it has oil in it and it causes a lot of soot. What do other people use for running the engine thanks.
Coleman fuel 15 to 1 with Marvel Mystery Oil.

Clement Rook Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2019
Tim i had problems with my flywheels coming loose ,here is what i did to correct the problem. remove the flywheels.you should be able to see where the flywheel set screws contacted the crank shaft.use a small triangular or needle file and file ONE small flat spot on the crankshaft where the setscrew contacted the crankshaft do this for each side.reassemble and use permatex # 24024 LOW STRENGTH threadlocker ON THE SET SCREWS,NOT THE CRANKSHAFT. DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT LOW STRENGTH THREADLOCKER OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE SET SCREWS OUT .

Tim Venetis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
When I run my engine the head and cylinder get quite warm and the radiator bearly gets warm. I decided to take the top line off the water pump and when I ran the engine no water came out so I have to put a electric dc pump in the line somehow. Also what are the pieces for that go in to the water line that screws to the pump on inlet and outlet. They have a slot in them on one end.

Last edited: