• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Holley Tractor Carburetor Needle Sticking

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
just as the title says, needle sticking in seat. seat is non servicable it is part of the carburetor. carburetor has been cleaned with a kit installed and runs fine until the needle sticks and starves it for fuel. no provision for a clip to attach it to float either. i think the viton tip is the problem. think a solid brass needle would cure it?

John Hamilton

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/25/2019
Have the same problem with my 1930 Packard. It started when they began putting alcohol in the gas. We have E10. If it sits at all with gas in the carb it sticks and has to be taken apart.

I use the Stabil for motorboats which makes the gas usable but the needle still sticks and carb cleaner won't free it. The carb is a Stromberg SF-3, not original but a much better carb.

Attachments