• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Homelite PE-75B Military type Generator

powerclocks

Registered
Hi, I am new to this group and generally use the tools to repair Old Clocks and Small Precision Machines, I have recently taken an interest in small motors and bought a BSA plant engine to repair or restore and also acquired a, what appears to be an Old Military Type Generator.
it is a Homelite PE-75-B and all a Google Search could find referred to the Military.
Any way I am now on the hunt for the parts to repair/restore it, I will of course be needing a Manual and it seems the Cylinder Shrouds are missing and the S.U. Carbie would not be right, other than that it will probably be very restorable without a big fat wallet being required.
Is there anyone else out there that has got some parts or information to swap on this unit?
Your time to replies is greatly appreciated.
powerclocks@hotmail.com
Graeme Power

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
Very nice find, those horizontally opposed Homelite engines are pretty scarce in the USA as well. I believe the cast aluminum cylinder shroud from the more common single cylinder generators are identical to what was used on your generator, you would simply just need two of them instead of one. I cannot help on what this unit has for a carburetor but I am sure you can contact a few of the members here that have these units for that information. Simply search homelite twin cylinder engine. This is the only twin they built.

Chris

powerclocks

Registered
Very nice find, those horizontally opposed Homelite engines are pretty scarce in the USA as well. I believe the cast aluminum cylinder shroud from the more common single cylinder generators are identical to what was used on your generator, you would simply just need two of them instead of one. I cannot help on what this unit has for a carburetor but I am sure you can contact a few of the members here that have these units for that information. Simply search homelite twin cylinder engine. This is the only twin they built.

Chris
Thank you. Any Boxer Two Stroke engine is rare, Being an old motorcycle enthusiast my attention was taken immediately when I saw it was a 2 Stroker and I first thought is was an engine from a motorcycle adapted for Farm Use. I then looked it over and decided it was purpose built but modified, should I request that this post be moved to the USA/Worldwide side of things for expanded comment or does everyone get it even if you post in the Aussie Section, I was expecting more comment/traffic on this item. I am not interested in selling it, only researching so I don't stuff it up.
Graeme

Scotty 2

Registered
Just post another thread in the small engines section. There will be interest.

Cheers Scott
PS: When you do, put a link up. I'd like to follow the progress on this engine.

Combustor

Registered
The only other boxer 2 stroke that springs to mind was of course in the Victa "500 Twin" mower, so called because the cut width was 500 mm. For whatever reason they did not stay on the market very long, though a few reside with collectors. Believe there is an engine somewhere in the back of my shelves. Should drag it out one day and see if it can be coaxed into life. Regards,
Combustor.

cobbadog

Registered
Yes Combustor, they were a 140cc and the main problems they had were over heating of the back cylinder and the coil failing. Sometimes you got lucky and it was not the coil just a bad connector at the end of the HT lead.

skankingiant

Registered
A lot of earlier outboard engines are boxer 2 strokes.

Anyone know what this make this engine is?
[IG]
That is a Villiers rail spike engine. Used for driving a screw style spike in

We have a couple of flat twin 2 strokes in the UK, Enfield and Velocette come to mind as two makers.

Another one of these homeliye sets is up for sale again on this side of the pond, tempted....