• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Homelite XL-1

1dclarkie

Registered
Hello everyone. I am looking for information to find out where the serial number could be on my old XL-1 Homelite saw. I have looked it over and see no markings anywhere. Love to know its age.

oologahan

Registered
Hello everyone. I am looking for information to find out where the serial number could be on my old XL-1 Homelite saw. I have looked it over and see no markings anywhere. Love to know its age.
It should be on the air box above the starter handle, Yours should have been metal riveted to the side of the boc, stamped with the model number and a Homelite/Terry Serial number. If it is missing someone removed it on purpose, these don't fall off. I wont buy one without the serial number because often they have been removed because at some point in time they were stolen. The date is on the bottom side of the carb as well, somewhere in the mid 70 era.