• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Honda EU7000is / EU6500 Oil Change

cano63

Registered
Hello

By mistake I remove the oil plastic piece that is under the oil BOLT DRAIN PLUG, the plastic piece help when changing the oil for it to run directly to the open space in the bottom of the generator. Now when I change the oil it run inside the generator leaving some oil dripping from the bottom of the engine.
I put the plastic piece again but it seems that I install it wrong because the oil still getting to the bottom of the engine and start dripping all over the generator floor. This is the old oil.

Any advice on the correct way to install this part to correct the oil dripping when changing it.

Or something specific that have to be done when changing the oil?

jkingrph

Registered
Re: Honda EU7000is / EU6500 oil change

I don't know about those models, but I have a EB11000 that I installed a Fumoto drain valve on with a nipple for a hose to drain it further out. Works great, pull lock tab out and turn valve 1/4 turn to drain. Hose goes into a can to collect oil so no mess. I did put a nipple on end of hose and screw a brass cover on so no drips later, when finished I tuck the hose up in the generator housing so it's out of the way. I also put a "T" in my gas line from the tank to filter so I can drain the tank without having to run it dry.

I have a couple of other pieces of equipment, a DeVilbiss pressure washer that I installed one of the Fumoto oil drain valves on also, as well as my big Ford F250 diesel truck. Makes things handier and easier.

Graycenphil

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/16/2012
Re: Honda EU7000is / EU6500 oil change

I have an EU6500, but it sounds different. Oil changes on mine are easy and straightforward. Can you post a picture or two?

jkingrph

Registered
I looked at the video. I like the way that they designed the "shield" so the oil drains away from the housing/frame. My EB11000 has a 25hp Honda and the oil simply runs out and gets all over the frame and motor mounts, really a mess to clean up. That's why I installed one of the Fumoto valves with a extended drain nipple and a hose for further extension. My oil filler is on the top of one of the valve covers.

cano63

Registered
The plastic part under the drain plug I remove it by mistake, I install it back but the oil still dripping from under the engine when i change it.

Attachments

jkingrph

Registered
Is it possible that you cracked the "oil diverter" when you removed and reinstalled it. If you slightly overfilled the crankcase and that piece is cracked it could leak easily.

I just looked back at the video. Overfill would not have any effect on leaks from the drain. I was thinking about the way my little EU2000i fills and drains through the same opening.