• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Honda inverter gen.

BHoward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/04/2018
Bought this 1000 watt Hond inverter generator about 16 years ago and now it seems to run at the high speed all the time regardless of load. Still puts out the proper voltage. Anybody any ideas. Thanks. Bill H.

1936JDB

Registered
My Honda clone creeps up over time. I have to adjust the eco idle screw from time to time. But this sounds more like maybe the eco throttle servo might actually be stuck or inoperable.

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
My guess would be that the filter capacitors on actual generator stage have aged and lost storage capacity. All inverter gens have a polyphase generator in front end that is rectified and filtered by large capacitors. DC from these capacitors feeds the inverter section. If voltage on filters drops generator throttles up. Capacitors dry out over time. When they dry out storage capacity is reduced.
Doc

BHoward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/04/2018
Thanks guys. I like Kevin,s answer best. Some dummy left the Eco switch off, and I think it was Me. I'm just getting old. Thanks again everybody.Bill H.