• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Horse Drawn Threshing Machine Video

Oilpulled

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
What a fine movie of the horse powered side hill combine back in its day with full crew! I did not see an engine, but the wheels looked too smooth to power the machine.
THANK YOU!

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
In the video, at the very end you see a glimpse of an Avery under mount. That was the late Chris Busch from Colton WA. He had one of the very early threshing exhibits. Out there on you tube there are family home movies of that reunion. Farming the Palouse, I think. By the same author any ways.

---------- Post added at 10:40:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19:28 AM ----------

There are a series of early farming and threshing scenes from those hills of Wa. state, by Greg Druffel. Their a series of some of his family home movies, great watching and I thank him for letting us share them. As to the partial clip above, their part of a documentary titled TO TILL A FIELD, man & machine in the Palouse. Put out by the Wa. State University library films. later in the video the big Avery is shown at work. Those scenes were taken at the Chris Bush Place near Colton Wa. great watching.

Charlie1925

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/03/2020
Those teams of horses ate up half the wheat that the thresher threshed even on there days off.

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Here is a picture of a horse drawn combine that I am trying to get to our local museum. The driver had to drive the horses, speed the engine up, engage the clutch to get the machine operating, and raise and lower the header with a lever to his right.

Attachments