• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Hot Air Engines at Coolspring 2017

Brent Rowell

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/14/2016
Just in case you haven't heard by now, Coolspring Power Museum will be featuring hot air engines for the first time in the history of its annual Exposition & Flea Market. The show is June 15-17, 2017 in Coolspring, PA near the small town of Brookville, PA. Many seldom-seen hot air engines will be on exhibit and there will be a Thursday evening program on the history of the Rider-Ericsson Engine Co. In addition, the museum's publication Bores & Strokes 2017 edition will be the first detailed account of Rider-Ericsson's history, tracing it from it's roots in 1842 to its end in 1939. The book will be available at the show and to members of the Coolspring Power Museum. We hope to see you there.

http://www.coolspringpowermuseum.org/Events.htm

Buster

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2020
I have had cool springs on my bucket list for years ..This was the year ..wanted to meet some of the collectors of hot air from the east. 6 weeks ago I was cranking D john Deere and big tractors 3 days later had open heart surgery was home 3 days and heart started to shut down Back in Hospital for 1 week .seen DR on Tuesday and he said not to leave the house for another 6 weeks ..some one keep me posted Buster

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Gail from Coolspring writes:

I got an email from someone in Germany that they're talking about the new 2017 Bores and Strokes on Smokstak. I am going to email him back. Apparently his impression is that he can order it. But this is not available for mail order. It's only available with membership to the museum or at the gift shop on the grounds. It won't be available for mail order until 2018 when the next Bores and Strokes comes out. That's how the Bores and Strokes works each year.

Thanks,
Gail
http://www.coolspringpowermuseum.org/

Brent Rowell

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/14/2016
Not sure what happened to my previous post under "Shows & Swap Meets" above, but here it is again for anyone who missed the video. We had a great Stirling Engine Expo last week which was the 2017 feature at the Coolspring show with about 200 working hot air engines exhibited including many early engines and rarities. My apologies to the many I missed in these clips but was too busy with my own engines to get around to filming everything. Check out also other videos of the show by Gil Garceau and Woody Sins.