• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

How about some Rumbling Rumelys?

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Hey things have changed in Manyberries. The Dakota oil boom had spilled into southeast Alberta so one can sneeze a few times when passing thru and not miss the place. I think at one time the place was down to a dozen houses. It is a nice little town now.
I like the street names, all berries like Blueberry St, Strawberry St, Loganberry St etc Neat!
Cheers
Mr. Hoffman?
Did you make it to Manyberries?

forney00c

Registered
Here's a 16-50 Rumely at the family farm a little over a year ago. It made the 1/2 mile trip from the neighbors house to the farm where it got some time on the fan alongside our 22 HP Advance Rumely and our 16 HP Russell.

I thought there was a thread in which the number of the 16-50 engines and their locations were discussed, but haven't been able to find it as of yet.

Attachments

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
Here are a couple of Rumely products in a photo taken this year at the Lynden show. The Gaar Scott is a Single rear mount which we have now owned for 40 years. No 16272. Built in 1913. The other is our 36 Rumely Canadian model that we finished in 2016. No 6036 Built in 1911
My wife and I are now in our 80s so we have now trained our grand children to operate the machines.
Cheers

Attachments

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
You are right Beth the big Rumelys are an impressive big chunk. I think the Gaar has a 36 inch snout where the Canadian Rumely has a 42 inch one. The 36 weighs about 12.000 LBS more than the Gaar. Our kids prefer to run the 36 mainly because it is double cylinder and steers easier than the Gaar. The 36 has a top speed of 1.9 MPH to allow it to just crawl when manouvering or parking.
People are surprised to see a 12 year and a 13 year old driving the machine around the show grounds. Or more so my 16 year old grand daughter operating it.She looks rather pooped in the photo.
Here is a photo of the 36 on the low bed. Front end is 8ft 6 wide and with one extension off it is 11 ft 6 wide so that we don't need a pilot car.
Cheers.

Attachments

30Advance

Registered
Updated List of Early 15hp. M. Rumely Engines.

The list of surviving 15hp. M. Rumelys is growing.
3587 - Lewistown, MT - 1900 Mine
3695 - Norwalk, WI - 1901 Dave Hubbard
3816 - Weyewauga, WI - 1901 Daniel Stern ?
4332 - Hanlontown, IA - 1903 Jerred Ruble
4335 - Strawberry Point IA - 1903 Jerry Everett
4428 - Bath, MI - 1904 Clyde Dugan
? - Platte City, MO - Gary Flemming Sr. (came from Cold Water, MI ?)

4431 - Sumner, IA - 1904 Randy Schwerwin 20hp Double Cyl.

** a 12hp at Baraboo, WI
** a 12hp at Linden, WA ?

Anyone with more info will be welcome!
Dave

Last edited: