• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

How do you tell a Novo JR from a regular Novo

Mike O

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/12/2019
Hi all I had these pictures sent to me last night. This engine is being represented as a Novo JR. it is complete all except the all important tag. He says that the engine is just under 25" tall and the flywheels are slightly over 14" so it is a small Novo if nothing else but is it a "JR" :shrug: Thanks for your imput. Mike

Attachments

Mike Shaffer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/20/2019
Mike,

Not sure about the later Novo Jr's. My early Hildreth Novo Jr.is 25" tall,14" flywheels and has a 10" x 12" foot print.

Preston Wells

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
Jrs will have a kidney bean shaped opening jn place of the crankcase breather on the pully side of the crankcase making the inner works visible.

Mike O

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/12/2019
Thanks for all the responces and the link. I am very comfortable at this time that this is indeed a JR. Now the big question is weather or not I will become the next owner :rolleyes:

Pete Nichols

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/06/2011
The Novo Jr's water hopper is 8 3/4" in diameter. The flywheels are the same size as a 1 1/2 hp , (14"s.)

John Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Not all Novo engines with the kidney shaped open crankcase are Novo Jr's. I believe the difference is the over all height of the engine & the diameter of the water hopper and the bore size.

Steven W

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/25/2013
Well I bought the little red Novo off ebay and it is a Novo Jr, I stripped the paint and custom mixed the dark green got a repro tag and muffler polished the oiler and water drain. Power washed the gas tank, Turned out great thanks for all the info, The top of the water hopper does have the serial number under the paint it is 34618

lots more pictures of the Novo Jr here http://www.rustypiston.com/Contact.php

Attachments