• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Hudson Auction

Handlebar99

Subscriber
I received my notice yesterday " Hudson Valley Old Time Power Association Annual Spring Auction will be conducted on May 14, 2005, starting at 8:00 Am SHARP"

See you there (I'll be wearing the shirt that sez "The one who dies with the most toys wins")

I have never been to this auction, but I am thinking about attending this year. Is it worth a 3 hour drive? What kind of items show up? Would like to hear from someone who has been before. Thanks. Tom

Handlebar99

Subscriber
Tom Adkins said:
I have never been to this auction, but I am thinking about attending this year. Is it worth a 3 hour drive? What kind of items show up? Would like to hear from someone who has been before. Thanks. Tom

I have been going to the Hudson auction for around 20 years. The auction is a consignment auction to benefit the Hudson Valley Old Time Power Association -- they have two auctioneers selling concurrently from 8 AM until after dark. They usually have around 1500 lots consisting of engines, junk, tractors, junk, tools, junk, parts, etc.

They usually sell the more desireable engines and tractors at 12 noon.

Is it worth a 3 hour drive? I'd only miss it if I had to attend my funeral--(a function my wife may arrange if I bring home any more old iron!)

Your mileage may vary.

Ray Rice

I missed the auction last year because i had to go out west for work.This year it is going to fall on the same weekend as our local clubs swap meet.I gues i will go to the auction on saterday and over to the swap meet on sunday.That will make a nice full weekend.Dave

Andrew Mackey

In the last 20 years, I have missed only 1 Hudson Valley Auction - 3 years ago, when I almost lost my foot due to a docters screw up :mad: . Is it worth a 3 hour drive? YOU BET! I have been helping out running the auction from my first one (usually on the wagons), And I will be at this one too!. The auction ahs always been on the second saturday in MAY. the only thing that has changed is the start time - 8 AM. We would like to go home before 10 at night! Complete engine sale usually starts at 11 AM, due to the 8 AM start, this may be moved up. See you there, I am usually in my red Rockaway Fire Dept jacket.
Andrew :D