• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Hurricane Michael has forced me to part with my stuff.

tharper

Registered
Elden,

I am so sorry to hear this! Over the years you have been so supportive
and encouraging in regards to my big Wisconsin engine project. I always
look forward to your encouraging words and countless "likes". For those
simple acts I am so appreciative.

You and your family our in our prayers.

Best regards,
Terry Harper

lokay5

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/11/2015
Elden,
My deepest condolences sir.
So, so sorry for your losses.
Wishing I were closer to lend a hand.

And 'Stakers - May Eldon's misfortune serve as a reminder that any of us could suddenly end up in Eldon's unfortunate situation.
This could happen to anyone at any time, myself included.
It's time for some of us Geezers to thin the herd. I know it's hard, but I'm tryin'.

Most importantly Eldon, I wish you the absolute perfect outcome of your surgery.

All the best to ya,
Jim
Merlin, OR

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
Again, thanks everybody, for your support! Your words do a world of good.

We will persevere and rebuild, probably on a smaller scale next time.

Tentatively, the sale/giveaway will be this coming Saturday November 3, starting at 9 am EDT. The address is 8413 Tradewinds Drive in Port St. Joe, Florida (closer to Mexico Beach than PSJ).

The vacant lot adjoining what's left of our house on the west side will be available for parking although there is a shallow, but smooth, ditch that is easily crossed to get onto it.

As I said before, everything will be sold by informal auction with no reserves except for $2,500 for the restored Jack of All Trades engine. If I get no bids on something, it will go to the first taker.

I hope to see a bunch of you get my stuff.

---------- Post added at 08:48:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40:23 PM ----------

Best wishes to you Elden and a speedy recovery. I'm stuck at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa until Dec.18th so I doubt I'll be able to get up there.
I restore antique radio's and your inventory sounds interesting! Very sad to hear about your loss due to the storm - keep the faith!!
If there's no interest in my electronic stuff, I can hold it in the shop until you or your representative could come up and get it. As I said, I'm more interested in seeing it saved than going to a landfill.

I really want to get this done because I could be leaving at any time to go to an out of town hospital to get cut on.

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
I hope the best for your surgery, and auction. I've held off on a reply, but, I think a good while back, David Lyon and myself met you, at the swap meet, at Avon Park. Of course you meet sooo many people, you can't remember them all. I gotta go in for some test, tomorrow. Breathing problems. Fear 50 years of Winstons, have caught up with me, also. I'm proud to be a part of this close knit family, we have here.

Bob Painter

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2016
I have never met you Eldon, but have Known of you for years because to SmokStak. Old age is slowing me down also, but I wish you the best, Good Luck, Bob...

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Eldon: I sure am sorry :( to hear of your situation's, and do echo all the concerns shown by our fellow "STACKERS". Back in 2013 I went in for "minor" :yikes: heart surgery the less invasive way (between the ribs) :uhoh: . Wish I was closer to help out. Keep in touch with us all when you can. It's been a long time coming for me to downsize, but it sure is hard to slow down and let go. I think I can, I think I can.... :shrug: Paul-OLDIHC .

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
That's a hell of a way to have to get out...…. :(
Best of luck in the health department.

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
Gang:

The date for the sale/giveaway is firmed up. Starting time 9am EDT on November 3rd.

Address: 8413 Tradewinds Drive, Port St. Joe, Fl 32456.

Remember you will be lucky to find a motel room within a hundred miles but you could come over Friday afternoon, park in the vacant lot on the west side of what's left of our house and sleep in your vehicle.

The only creature comforts I can offer are bottled drinking water and one working cold water half bath in the remains of our house.

It would be nice to know how many of you are going to make it. If you think you can be here, either post here or email me at elden@eldensengines.com

Thanks!

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
I'm too far away to be able to stop by but wishing you the best for a good sale and a healthy recovery.

Bill Geyer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/30/2013
Hi Elden, just popped in to look around and I see this thread. Bummer. May you get through this and come out on top.

Pete Deets

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Elden,
It is heartbreaking to read that you are faced with this task and I'm too far away to be of any help. My first wish is for your good health & speedy recovery. My second is that you may remain in contact with at least a few of the "goodies" and I get the feeling many of the buyers would be happy to do just that. God Bless You, Good Sir.............PD

slip knot

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2019
I really hate to hear this. I hope everything works out ok. Good luck with the sale and the surgery.

George White

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/21/2019
First and foremost I hope your health turns out for the best for you. Everything else can come later.

I wish I was closer, as I’d probably be interested in the milling equipment. May the Lord be with you in this portion of bad cards you’ve been dealt. Take things one step at a time and at a pace that works for you.

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
Thanks everybody for your kind words and thoughts.

No matter if I ever get back to designing and building engines, I will still stay a member of our little community of rustaholics. Once it gets into our blood, it's impossible to remove completely.

Right now my goal is to get my stuff into other hands to be appreciated, get my health back and get our lives rebuilt.

Again, thanks!

NDmeterman

Registered
Just chiming in to say that's a bummer you're forced by circumstance to downsize.

Here's hoping that you are able to find homes for all your toys and that your surgery has a good outcome.

jgreen416

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/23/2020
So very sorry to hear of this. I wish I were in a position to come get your stuff and store it for you. I won’t give all the details of why not. What is really valuable is the wealth of information residing between your ears. Seriously, consider writing a book or something during your rehab time. Best of luck from the surgery from one who had a mother and three siblings who had aortic valve replacement at about my age, all did well.
JG

Fred Howes

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/03/2019
Eldon,
Have good luck with your sale and more importantly with your health!!!
I started playing with rusty iron in 1978 and don't know enough to quit. Eight years ago i had a Quadruple bypass and all is well. SO BE POSITIVE and look to the future!! Fred