• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

I found this ugly, crudy coil and

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
bought it anyway :confused: because it was one I don't have. Now that it's refurbished, it really "LOOKS" and "WORKS" better than new? The spark adjustment can go from a slow quiet bzzzz to one that would knock your fillings out ZZZZAAAPPP. #@~&*!#? :bonk: I hate when that happens. The construction of this New Way coil for an Air Cooled engine is quite substantial with its solid brass hardware. It's not cheaply made like most buzz/T type coils found by other makers. I guess I need to get an Air Cooled New Way engine to go with the coil, or something :shrug: . It's "NICE" :cool: . Just thought I would share some of the fun I'm having (before and after photos), even in NJ, on the way through..........

Attachments

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
Paul Spence said:
bought it anyway :confused: because it was one I don't have. Now that it's refurbished, it really "LOOKS" and "WORKS" better than new? The spark adjustment can go from a slow quiet bzzzz to one that would knock your fillings out ZZZZAAAPPP. #@~&*!#? :bonk: I hate when that happens. The construction of this New Way coil for an Air Cooled engine is quite substantial with its solid brass hardware. It's not cheaply made like most buzz/T type coils found by other makers. I guess I need to get an Air Cooled New Way engine to go with the coil, or something :shrug: . It's "NICE" :cool: . Just thought I would share some of the fun I'm having (before and after photos), even in NJ, on the way through..........
Paul

I have one just like it. I don't know how to test it as I have no idea what post is what.

Can you give me the the data for each post (4-2 on the side and 2 on the front) on the coil ??

Thanks,

Jim

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
Paul,
That coil was actually made by Kingston and then sold as a New-Way accessory. I have one that is identicle, but with a Kingston decal. They are good, hot coils. You did a nice job on that one.

Mike

John Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/14/2020
Paul,

You know if you keep buying all that good! Junk! your going to have more stuff acumilating and more stuff to take care of and clean up. :D

Have Fun!

John ;)

Jim Sherman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/03/2019
I think mine is a Kingston too but pretty much the same as the New Way coil, it's one hot coil! I had to put a new capacitor in it to make it hot....

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Jim Tremble said:
Paul

I have one just like it. I don't know how to test it as I have no idea what post is what.

Can you give me the the data for each post (4-2 on the side and 2 on the front) on the coil ??

Thanks,

Jim
Jim: The two on the front are for the battery connections + and -. The two on the side are for the spark plug PLUG and ground. There are no markings at each of the terminals :confused:. I switched the wires around in all the possible combinations and it always worked fine ZZZZAAAPP #*^@$&*+ DARN IT :eek: :rant: OH WELL....:shrug:

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
John Davis said:
Paul,

You know if you keep buying all that good! Junk! your going to have more stuff acumilating and more stuff to take care of and clean up.
Have Fun!

John ;)
John: I can't stop :shrug: . Not sure I want to either :p . Just having fun, even in NJ :uhoh:

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Junkologist said:
Paul,
That coil was actually made by Kingston and then sold as a New-Way accessory. I have one that is identicle, but with a Kingston decal. They are good, hot coils. You did a nice job on that one.

Mike
Thanks Mike :wave: .

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
Paul Spence said:
Jim: The two on the front are for the battery connections + and -. The two on the side are for the spark plug PLUG and ground. There are no markings at each of the terminals :confused:. I switched the wires around in all the possible combinations and it always worked fine :
Thanks,

I will wire it up as to Jim's photo. Sounds like that is what you are explaining.

Jim