• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

I Have No Idea What These Are

rknarr2

These items are 5" x 5/8" x 5/8" at one end and 7/8" on the other end. I thought maybe old hood ornaments but honestly, my guessing is bad and I have no idea what these are. Thank you for assistance in these item.
Regards,
Rob

Attachments

Gene Williams

Subscriber
Re: I have no idea what these are

I think they are for clamping the tips on pool cues/sticks, there should be a hoop that slides down the cue to clamp what you have to the stick.

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of

BINGO, Knew they looked familiar. Just has been about three decades since I last glued a crown champion tip on a pool cue!
Doc

Wayne

Subscriber

I have a 1928 Brunswick pool table with a set of them. Used to glue leather tips on pool sticks a metal ring slides down to hold them tight while drying

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of

Absolutely no excuse for me not recognizing them right off.... when I worked at a pool hall for eight years and used them perhaps a hundred times. CRS....
Doc