• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Ideal Air Cooled 1 HP Engine

jlhahn

Registered
I just bought a Ideal air cooled 1 HP engine. Where can get a buzz coil to work with this engine or would any coil work? I'm new at this and this is

MColopy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
Model T coils are about as easy as it gets or the factory coils are a little more expensive

jlhahn

Registered
Here are some pics of my Ideal 1HP engine. I would like to find a lawnmower frame to put this on. I would mow my grass with it. Does anyone know where I could get a crank handle for it? I am working on making a new oak frame and battery/buzz coil box. I'll keep the metal frame for now.

Attachments

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
What a fantastic little engine. Are they hard to come by over there in the US?
Oh, I have to Google them to see if there's a video of one running.
Cheers Scott

Ogrebeast64

Registered
Here are some pics of my Ideal 1HP engine. I would like to find a lawnmower frame to put this on. I would mow my grass with it. Does anyone know where I could get a crank handle for it? I am working on making a new oak frame and battery/buzz coil box. I'll keep the metal frame for now.
One of 805Roadkings friends has one of those, and hooked it up for electric start using an old starter generator.

YouTube link 1

YouTube link 2

Last edited: