• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Ideal Model R 1.5hp Bearings

12voltdc

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/02/2012
Hi. its been a while, I am glad you are still here. Anyway, I am stripping down an Ideal Model R 1.5 hp engine, my question is the roller bearings, I have never seen rollers quite like these, they have shoulders inboard, (i did read this was for reducing side play). I havent pressed them off the crank yet but I dont see any numbers anywhere. Does anyone know what these are and if there is a modern cross reference? Thank you.

JoeFromTheUK

Registered
Re: Ideal model R 1.5hp bearings

Hi there, not quite sure what you mean by shoulders inboard but could they be flanged bearings? I’ve seen these used on a crank before.

12voltdc

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/02/2012

Here is a hand drawn side view of this thing, I have never seen anything like it. I got the race out of the iron cap but no numbers there, I still need to press the bearing off the crank to check that for numbers.

---------- Post added at 06:51:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47:05 PM ----------

no pic? hold on, I will try this again

---------- Post added at 07:07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51:40 PM ----------

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=05082ada9f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1610349359204478715&th=16591c35cfa92efb&view=att&disp=safe

Machines

Registered

You can't link things from Gmail. Put it somewhere like Imgur and use one of the share links.

12voltdc

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/02/2012

I struggle with this site every time. I did it again the right way I think.

JoeFromTheUK

Registered

Hmm yeah pretty unusual, unless it has been completely deformed. Looks like it’s designed to take some axial and loading so i’m sure a cylindrical taper roller would be a suitable replacement for it.