• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

IHC 1 1/2 hp McCormick Deering LA

daydk1

Registered
Hi everyone. My engine sheared a woodruff key on the main crankshaft. Does anyone know what size woodruff key I need to replace the original? This is the key that goes in the slot on the main crankshaft that has the large crank flywheel.

Thanks,
Darrell

oldproff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/03/2013
Hit and Miss Enterprise one of our sponsors should have the key. If not one of our other sponsors will have it. Just click on sponsors in the dark blue strip at the top of this page for contact information. Bill K

Dale Barnett

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/24/2013
What do you mean by sheared ( a
pic would help )?
If it was sheared in to there is a reason and I would be looking at the fly wheel really close as these are cast and easy to break.

MotorCraftMan

Registered
Hi everyone. My engine sheared a woodruff key on the main crankshaft. Does anyone know what size woodruff key I need to replace the original? This is the key that goes in the slot on the main crankshaft that has the large crank flywheel.

Thanks,
Darrell
Go to Your local Napa or other Reputable Auto parts Store, they Can match it up for You... Larry