• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

IHC Clutch Pulley.

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I recently bought a parts 6hp IHC "M" that has a clutch pulley in great shape. I've had 6hp IHC M's with clutch pulley before but they were different from this one.

If I was to provide pictures and parts numbers from this clutch pulley, has anyone got IHC parts catalogs to figure out what IHC engine this clutch fits. I suspect it could have been used on IHC engines made prior to the M's.

Denis Rouleau

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Looking in the archives I found this picture of an IHC clutch pulley similar to the one I have.
It has no ball bearings by the handle like the ones I usually see.

Denis Rouleau

Attachments

Stevie

Registered
Dennis Hello. I have one on my 6hp M that looks like this one. I too would like to know if if was for the 6hp M. Please let me know what you find out. THANKS

Tom Fleming

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
I'll have to check the numbers on mine, but that looks identical to the one I have on my 6HP M.

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
I have one like that on my 6 HP Mogul that supposedly came from a 6 HP M. I would guess these were used on the igniter type M's. I also have a later spark plug M that has the ball bearing model.

Last edited:

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
Your G numbers seem to be used on the 2 3 2 1/2 4 hp famous and titian engines
don't see the 9494T NUMBER yet
But T is for M engines so looks like they inter changed parts for some models

seems there a lot of them out there

the 6 hp m pulley I have here is a Havana

Last edited:

Bryan Storey

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/24/2019
The pictures you posted of the 6hp M you picked up recently had a clutch pulley for a 2 1/2 horizontal or a 3hp vertical famous. The 9494T is an adapter to use the clutch on the 6hp type M. The smallest clutch made for the 6hp was 14" so if you needed a smaller clutch they made the adapter plate to use the famous clutch. This was quite common in your area for some reason. I have bought quite a few of them with the adapter plate up your way and they were all 12".

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
now that I read your post Bryan i didn't think of the plate i have one here and the pulley it was on was for a 3 or 2 1/2 famous
you got a not bad pulley Dennis at scrap iron price

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
The pictures you posted of the 6hp M you picked up recently had a clutch pulley for a 2 1/2 horizontal or a 3hp vertical famous. The 9494T is an adapter to use the clutch on the 6hp type M. The smallest clutch made for the 6hp was 14" so if you needed a smaller clutch they made the adapter plate to use the famous clutch. This was quite common in your area for some reason. I have bought quite a few of them with the adapter plate up your way and they were all 12".
My clutch pulley is in fact only 12 inches in diameter with a 4-3/4" inch wide face. I took it off of a 6hp "M" and the part that bolts onto the flywheel is # 9494T.

To be used on older and smaller IHC engines would a different adapter plate be required or could the clutch pulley be used as is?

Denis Rouleau

Bryan Storey

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/24/2019
No adapter plate for any other engines. Just remove the 9494T plate and clutch will bolt right on a 2 1/2hp or 3 hp vertical.