• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

I'm Apparently in the Air Compressor Business

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Picked this complete unit up today, thank you very much Mark. Although the red paint makes me think Champion, the round riveted disc tag on the center of the pump screams Wall/Quincy, that tag is too faded to read. Runs nice and pumps up. And got the other 2 stage pump Saturday, a Milwaukee, a very nice unit.

Patrick

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
Re: Im Apparently in the Air Compressor Business

Patrick, You are definitely digging up some really neat compressors lately! The first two pictures sure look like a Quincy/Wall Compressor to me, however the flywheel and low pressure cylinder is throwing me off. The pedestal mount, bearing carrier and inspection certainly are a Wall design. Straight longitudinal fins on the low pressure cylinder....interesting, I have never seen that before. The flywheel is an oddity. Not many company's used those "split-fin" flywheels. Brunner steam works used them, but they were built in Utica, NY and were typically vertical one cylinder compressors. Gardner Denver used flywheels just like that for many years and have seen a few in person. Now I cant say I've ever seen a horizontally opposed Gardner-Denver before... Very very interesting compressor. I am curious if someone added the G-D flywheel to an otherwise complete looking Wall compressor.

The second compressor is really throwing me a curveball. Ive never heard of a Milwaukee compressor before. Perhaps they were built by someone else. The split down the center crankcase design leads me to believe it was used for refrigeration. Perhaps an early sulfur dioxide compressor. Very cool compressors nontheless.

Chris

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Re: Im Apparently in the Air Compressor Business

Found this one today, its missing its Briggs model N, the guy is wanting $65 for it. The front wheel is steel. The compressor is a Kellogg, the tag is brass.

Patrick

Attachments