• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Important video about E 15 Gas

snowshoveler

Registered
Re: Important vidio about E 15 Gas

I clicked on your link...grrrrrrr. Locked up my computer.
I am not very good with them so the Wife had to "fix" it.
She gave me a time out.
Regards Chris

Rod Fielder

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/14/2016

allmost all new boat manufacturers with inboards or i.o. engines will void you're warranty if you use this. they all have e-15in circles with a line thru it at all deck fills. i see this in my many boating magazines

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019

Bought a newer vehicle a couple of months ago which turns out to be a Flex-Fuel model. I don't plan on using E-10 or higher alcohol fuels in it if at all possible to avoid. Will gladly pay a little more for ethanol free gas when it can be had.

Bill

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019

Just watched that FOX video at the Library and that so called "Car Coach" Lauren Fix is a complete MORON talking about stuff she doesn't understand.

She's Totally Confused about Phase Seperation , where SHE Says "The Ethanol is heavier and goes to the bottom of the tank so you end up running just on Ethanol, and then when you use that up you end up running on straight gas that is 3 octane levels lower and the 84 octane gas damages your engine because of detination."

Phase Seperation actually happens IF it absorbs a certain percentage of water, (or is already very near the saturation point and drops 20 degrees in temperature) and the higher the alcohol content, the higher volume of water before it happens, and then it drops all of the alcohol AND WATER to the bottom of the tank and your engine won't run at all because of the water. As for the 84 octane fuel causing detination, That part is TRUE, IF your car were actually able to run on the Phase Seperated Water/Alcohol mix before getting to the 84 octane gas, but with the newer computer controlled engines, the timing would automatically be backed off to control detination and avoid damage.

Little Miss Car Coach has no business being on TV pretending to be an expert on things she knows Nothing about.

Rod Fielder

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/14/2016

isn't it something that you're the expert on ethanol, and all of the scientist that study it are wrong. you need to study the real cost of ethanol in america. the hunger it is causing, etc. with the subsidies, we were paying for the ethanol, we are paying for it before it even reaches the gas stations, and then again when we fill up. our government is screwing us. why do you take up for them. just because you don't have any trouble with it, there are thousands, maybe millions more that are getting screwed. are you getting kickbacks frome the producers???
it has cause me a lot of money and break downs on the river. i hate it and always will. trying rowing to shore and walking to the boat ramp because it plugged off you carb some dark night.

sorry about the rant

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019

Never said I was an expert on it either, but that information I posted came from experts, and that "Lauren Fix" aint one of them with the false information she is spreading.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the cost of it, and never liked the idea of how much fuel they're burning to make the fuel, which makes no sence.

But having some ditzy woman on Fox spouting off about Phase Seperation, which she doesn't have a clue about, does nothing but feed the frenzy.

I don't doubt that you hate it, as much as some others do, but at the same time there are millions upon millions of people using ethanol on a daily basis with no problems what so ever. I don't like it myself, for the reasons I mentioned above, but at the same time, I have NEVER had any problems using E10 E20 or even a couple partial tanks of E85 in my daily driver (2003 Ford), my loader tractor, my 37 Ford, my 69 Firebird, my 94 Chevy truck (down with transmission problems, but nothing fuel related), my lawn mowers, and my old engines.

Also as noted in other threads, it may be a regional issue, where some people have problems and others don't. If you seem to have problems with it in your area, then don't run it. It's not like I'm telling you to use it, I'm just saying that I WILL Use it once in a while. I might mix it in with partial fill ups like I did with the E85, and gradually work up to higher and higher concentrations of it, but I'm not going to avoid it just because of someone screwing up the information on Phase Seperation because she either didn't bother to read up on it or didn't understand it, or purposely misquoted what she read.

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Recently bought a 2011 Malibu in spite of it being a Flex-Fuel vehicle. Came back from a trip of over 5,000 miles and see it averaged about 5 MPG less than our old 2004 model Malibu. While it appears to get about same mileage on the highway, driving in town drops off sharply, like about 15 MPG less. Hate to think what kind of mileage it would have got if I was to use E85 in it.

By the way just read the following regarding E85: It should also be noted that using E85 blended fuel will result in approximately 30% less miles per gallon because of the lower energy value of ethanol.

Bill

BobRR

Registered
Bill when are you going to relize that they invented ethenol just to give ya something to complain about.:O Bob

Billy J Shafer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
Well everyone needs something to complain about. Me it's about the voters in this town keeping it dry. They don't understand how much in taxes the town is missing out on. Plus I have to drive thirty miles just to get a BEER.:rant::rant::rant::drink: