• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Improved Ericsson Hot Air Pumping Machine

fogcity

Registered
We have discovered an Improved Ericsson Hot Air Pumping Machine in the basement of our recently purchased 1849 home, and are looking to sell for a fair price.

The good news: The flywheel turns surprisingly smoothly, and the engine operates as designed, moving the piston up and down as the gears turn. Visibly in good shape, it seems a good candidate for restoration. There is even a spare flywheel, too.

The bad: It appears the water pump is missing, and two of the four legs were sawn off a few inches from the bottom.

The photos tell the story.

I'd be happy for any suggestions on the value of the engine as it is, and suggestions on how to approach the sale.

Anyone interested in this, please message me directly.

fogcity

Registered
Additional pics are attached.

---------- Post added at 05:36:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27:09 PM ----------

Forgot to mention:

Engine bore is 6"

Bill Hazzard

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/28/2008
The pump is missing and the legs that are cut off will detract from the value. Complete running engines are in the $7000 range. With the missing parts and cut off legs I think that $3K to $4K would be a fair value. You can advertise on the classifieds on this web site.