• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Info needed on 3+1/2hp Globe engine

john gilbert

Registered
Hi All, a friend has a Globe engine that he feels is a pre 1900 era build, He is in middle of restoring it but has no fuel tank. Can anyone please advise the shape and measurements so I can make him a new tank. Cheers, John.

Mick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Gday john
A few early engines used the globe name, a pic of the engine would help alot or a good description of it if u cant get a pic

john gilbert

Registered
HI Mick, I am still waiting on the pic to arrive, hen I have it I will try to upload etc. I am still learning how to use this new site. cheers, John

Merv C

Registered
Siz you would know, and Trev would, I think there are a few here One was sold recently, I think that was a vertical,

Merv

Siz

Registered
Siz you would know, and Trev would, I think there are a few here One was sold recently, I think that was a vertical,

Merv
G'day Merv , Don't know of a vertical getting sold recently, got any photos? , there was a horizontal sold in the States last year .
Cheers.

john gilbert

Registered
The particular engine I am talking about is a horizontal. Thanks for the reply's to date. Cheers, John. ps, sorry , still waiting on owner to send some pics.

Mick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Thats what i recon that engine was gunna be john, its actually a nelson brothers engine made in the usa and built in the early teens.

• Thanks
Reactions: Siz

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
The fuel tank would mount between the wooden skids under the engine. I would make it about 12 inches long and probably no more than 4 inches deep. Originally the tank would have been bigger than that but since these engines are mostly for show and play, a larger tank would just be something that would have to be drained to clean it out for winter, etc. A tank as wide as the distance between the skids, 12 inches long and 4 inches high will hold enough fuel to run that engine several hours (probably all day) at a show or engine get together.

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello John.
If no-body knows then build what Mr Judge has suggested. It doesn't matter if it's not as it was from the factory. I mean, who's going to know any different?
Cheers Scott