• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Info Needed on Brass JK? Valve

K.Watkins

Registered
I really didn’t know where I could post this for the best help.

A few months ago I came across this early brass valve while doing demo work at my job. The valve was attached to what was left of an early fire hose. It was caked with years of dirt and multiple layers of paint. I finally cleaned it and this is how it turned out.

I know a lot of collectors like to collect oilers, grease cups and other early brass items as well. So, I’m curious if anyone knows of a J K company or has seen this marking on any other item? If so, what is the name of the Company & where were they from ? I'm guessing 1920’s ?

Attachments

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
Re: Info needed on brass JK ?? Valve

Probably not the same company but there is a JK Brass Products company in India. They have a stamp in some of their valves that looks similar to that on your valve. Allie