• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

international la oil leak

beej

Registered
hi guys,my la now runs very well but have 2 questions-do you leave water tank cap on or off when running it and after about 15 mins hot running it starts to leak oil from a small hole underneath the block.It looks like a breather hole.Sould it have someyhing in there to catch the oil and if so what do i use?Cheers beej

DCAmp

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/17/2020
There is a seal on the shaft going to the head that may be leaking. It may also be over full of oil.

Scotty 2

Registered
hi guys,my la now runs very well but have 2 questions-do you leave water tank cap on or off when running it and after about 15 mins hot running it starts to leak oil from a small hole underneath the block.It looks like a breather hole.
Hello all
I'm unfamiliar with these engines but like to learn. What sort of breather do these engines have? Would they have one that would induce a vacuum in the crankcase?
Cheers and ta
Scott