• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE in your location!

International LB

Mitch Malcolm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2018
not if it kicks back you should hear the impulse click when the DC mark on the flywheel is straight up lined up with the notch. :)

FarmSC

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/10/2018
not if it kicks back you should hear the impulse click when the DC mark on the flywheel is straight up lined up with the notch. :)
The mags on these will impulse EVERY revolution of the engine. So, if the valve timing adjustment is a little off, whether it be on the cam gear or the adjustments on the rockers, there can still be a combustible mixture in the cylinder at the end of the exhaust/beginning of the intake stroke. This will cause it to fire and it can feel like a backfire.
Kevin

Butch50

Registered
Thanks Kevin, the piston dosn't seem to be at TDC when it fires. Comes up a little short. My other LB that runs, the piston is at TDC when it fires.
Butch

FarmSC

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/10/2018
Thanks Kevin, the piston dosn't seem to be at TDC when it fires. Comes up a little short. My other LB that runs, the piston is at TDC when it fires.
Butch
Then the mag timing must be off 1 or 2 teeth.

Butch50

Registered
Kevin, that was a good tip. Mag was out of time. But I can't keep throttle valve rod at 5 o'clock. So the spring should hold valve open???
Butch

---------- Post added at 07:16:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48:03 PM ----------

Do I have to remove flywheel and side plate to adjust spring ? Butch

FarmSC

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/10/2018
First. Remove carb, remove back cover. Stick finger in carb hole and make sure butterfly is standing open. Next, take screwdriver or fingers and expand gov weights through rear cover. Should cause butterfly to close when expanded then open back up when you release them.

FarmSC

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/10/2018
If any of those things don't match up, post and we'll address those items as needed.

Butch50

Registered
The spring on the chock was unwound, I got it set at 5 o'clock, butterfly open, timing is right, got spark, got gas. Won't start. Butch