International Six Speed Special

jrgrtx

Good Sunday afternoon everyone. I came across a 1930 International Six Speed Special, all original, with about 98% of the original parts in tact. I couldn't pass up the opportunity so now she's sitting in my barn. Here's the problem...........the gentleman who owned her passed away and had dismantled it. I know where about 95% of the parts go and have already reassembled it. BUT, there are some parts I have no idea where they go. I'm looking for someone who may own one of these who can help me ID these parts and where they go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jrgrtx

Here are the pics I'm trying to identify and find someone who has a 6 speed special and can say definitively where they go. One picture is of a door handle and Im just trying to find out if anyone knows where I can get my hands on 2 of these.

Attachments

gdstew

These are just guesses based on owning Model A Fords

1st set pics, 1st item could be steering column support
5th item, bracket goes on firewall to hold end of radiator support rod

3rd set, 1st item goes inside windshield frame and supports windshield glass frame when opened up

4th set, 1st item is the rod that goes from firewall to radiator

Then again, maybe I'm in left field!

gdstew

The more I look at it, the 1st set, #5 could be a body part by the door latch . Has rubber top and bottom and "wedge" on door slides between the 2 pieces.

but then like I said!

gdstew

1st set, 4th pic might be the windshield support clamp. Bolts 1/2 way up on the side. Knob appears broken off. 3rd set #1 slides on this bolt. Tighten/loosen knob to open windshield

Oldtech

Subscriber
I have a truck I restored.
1.I dunno
2 I dunno
3. looks like steering column fastener but can't tell size
4. windshield slide clamp. Mounts on post to clamp slide attached to windshield. Model A Ford parts work.
5. Cover for door guide. Wedge shaped piece slides in there between rubber parts. Mounts on door post
6 Not sure about that one. Looks windshield related.
7 door anti rattle bumper. Mounts on doorpost.
8 Rear cab mount clamp. You need one for each side. The cab is only bolted at the front, with these clamps holding the back. That's so the frame can twist without breaking things in the cab.
9. Cab reinforcing hardware. Not sure where goes.
10. Oil can holder - mounts on firewall
11 same as 9
12 No Clue
13 windshield slide hardware
14. Same
15. Looks like door window but different than mine
16 Running board bracket
17 Part of Battery holder. goes under floor. should be 2.
18 looks like part of door but ?
19 Rod from Firewall to radiator
20 Don't Know
21. Sorry, I don't have extras.

Oldtech

Subscriber
Glad to see another truck on the way back. I assume your truck is U. S production. Mine is Hamilton Ontario production so may be some differences in the cab, How much of the wood do you have? I have some basic wood drawings for mine.:wave:

jrgrtx

I appreciate all the help in trying to ID these.
Yes sir, this is a US production truck. 1930 model with the steel rims. I have a good solid "skeleton" of the wood top and cab frame. Enough of it was salvageable that I was able to screw it back together and set it back in place. Now I just have to find a good woodworker with the tools to make the cab tops and all. First thing I'm doing is just trying to get it all back together so I can catalog it as I take it back apart. Seems to be about 98% there if not 100%. I have everything from the headlights to the drivers side door mirror, triple diamond hood emblem, radiator ball and data plate and a whole lot more. Next step is to get her running. Previous owner supposedly had engine rebuilt. I pulled a compression on it and put a scope in the cylinders and all was good. Having the carb rebuilt right now. Need to have a gas tank remade as the original is full of rust and holes. The old vacuum tank is decent and I have an extra one also but I'll have it rebuilt also. Once I know it runs good or get it running good, I'll start with the frame and hubs and build up. I'll gladly take all the tips and tricks and all I can get. Thank you again.

Oldtech

Subscriber
Sounds like a good start. I'll pm you my email. Do you have a model plate for the cab? mine says SA cab.

jrgrtx

I have the data plate that goes on the inside of the cab on the front passenger side dash panel but it doesn't have anything on the cab on it. I'll send a pic.

Oldtech

Subscriber
Interesting. My data plate doesn't say 6 speed special.
The cab plate was above the back window in the middle.