• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Iron apple press marked "CP" manufacturer?

Wayne Rosier

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2020
CP these days mean Chicago Pneumatic. Harbor Freight?
Chicago Pneumatic is also pre-Harbor Freight. They have been making air tools for a very long time in the USA or at least used to. I don't know how companies get away with using other companies logos but I believe CP at Harbor Freight actually stands for Central Pneumatic.:)

thebellfarm

Registered
I found it...made by Red Cross Manufacturing out of Indiana. Began as windmill manufacturer and then, when prohibition hit in 1918, they started producing cider presses. I'm trying to whittle it down to a specific model now.

Dutch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/05/2020
There were a number of these made in bulk and sold through Montgomery Ward and Sears as well as a large St Louis hardware outfit called Simmons. Castings were made by third party and simply marked CP for Cider Press