• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Iron Horse AR533 looking for carb and carb info

bmw2002e3

Registered
I'm looking for a carb for this Iron Horse AR533 that I got recently. I don't really know where to start. What is the carb size and type?

Are they specific to these engines, and most importantly, does anyone have a spare? :D

EvilDr235

Registered
You fellows up North should have plenty of parts and info for them. I have a U.S. build one, a model X515 Not too many U.S. ones or info on them around here. I will fool around with it some day. I have plenty of Briggs to keep me busy.

Bill Prior

Registered
It needs the small Johnson suction carb. A picture of your engine.would confirm the proper carb. The AR 533 had the larger bore with the small carb. and was rated at 1 hp.

James Bosma

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/03/2016
Doesn't the AR 533 have its own carb that is different than the 400 series
I believe one off a AR or AX 400 series may work
Throttle shaft is shorter on the air vane ones than the mechanical ones
The AR 533 uses they type 5 carb in the pic as noted
The type 4 may work

Jim

Attachments

bmw2002e3

Registered
You fellows up North should have plenty of parts and info for them. I have a U.S. build one, a model X515 Not too many U.S. ones or info on them around here. I will fool around with it some day. I have plenty of Briggs to keep me busy.
Good to know, as at this point I know next to nothing about the little guy. :)