J. I. Case Pictures

G Willikers

Sponsor
When you are looking for something, why is it you find the stuff you weren't really looking for?:bonk:
Here are some interesting Case threshing shots. Don't have a clue where they were taken but likely Western Canada. Perhaps someone will recognize a long lost cousin?
Without really looking at them, four of them seemed to be of the same engine, what with the cylinder oil cans warming up on the feed water heater. But they are obviously different engines.
Here are the first two. I really like the first one. A real working scene with all the clutter of pails, cans and hoses!
Case expert help with the engines please?:O:D
G.

Attachments

G Willikers

Sponsor
Re: J. I. Case Pictures.

The first two here are good candid scenes of a working engine. There is a big, wide feeder on the old threshing mill so lots of power needed!
The third one looks like a more modern photo but maybe not? A pretty sharp engine, done up but with enough oil and crud on her to make her look really nice.
G.

Attachments

Tom Cwach

Subscriber

Photos 1,2,and 5 look like a 65hp. I like the funnel riding on the boiler. It looks like it's burning straw, it has an ash cooling pan in front of the firebox. The engineer may be pushing the ash out in the first photo, not reliving himself as if first looks.

Photos 3 and 4 look like a 25hp or 75hp depending on how it was tagged.

Last edited:

G Willikers

Sponsor

Thanks Tom,
Yes, I thought the same thing - that he got caught in the act!:uhoh: But that makes sense that he would be raking out the pan! I like the candid shots - working engines, hot and dirty!:brows:
G.

G Willikers

Sponsor

Fellow Stakker SDP came across this neat picture.
It was taken at the Milton, Ontario show, sometime in the 60s no doubt. We are assuming it is the 75 Case that still comes to the SteamEra show that is in a private museum near Guelph now. Note the heavy rear wheels!
It had several owners here but the chap operating it is identified as being from our neighbour, New York State. And of course, I have misplaced his name right now!
There is quite a story on this engine but I don't know enough of it to start telling - some if it involved a barge ride out of the north bush? Anyone?
Thanx SDP!:O

Attachments

rumely fan

Email NOT Working

thanks to everyone for all the pictures that have been posted on here so far
:wave:

G Willikers

Sponsor

Here is the same 75 many years later pulling the sled at SteamEra. maybe 4-5 years ago!

Attachments

Colin

Thanks for the old threshing pics G., reminds me alot of the picture of our familys outfits:) almost thought it was an 80 for awhile but it is a 65. and a lap too! dont see many of those around. most were made buttstraps.
the poor old 110 that crunched through the bridge there apears to be a 1910 lap seem as well.

Beth V

If we could read what the team is thinking, I'm gandering a guess that it would be along the lines of: "SEE! That is what happens when you replace us! We'd have just jumped that little ditch!" :eek:

Or Perhaps: "Stupid humans, you'll learn not to have that second piece of pie!" :rotfl:

Beth:O

A.D. Baker

Beth, do you think the only guy not showing his face in the picture (the guy in front of the smokebox) is the one who said "YEAH!!!! It will take the weight!!!" :rotfl:

SDP

Subscriber

It had several owners here but the chap operating it is identified as being from our neighbour, New York State. And of course, I have misplaced his name right now!
There is quite a story on this engine but I don't know enough of it to start telling - some if it involved a barge ride out of the north bush? Anyone?
Thanx SDP!:O
Well thanks G! :wave:

If this is the same steamer that Allan Byers pulled out of that sawmill near Orillia, then there is a very good account of this in Scott Garvey's "The Tractor in the Haystack".

I believe we thought the operator in this picture was Leyland Nelson.

If we could read what the team is thinking, I'm gandering a guess that it would be along the lines of: "SEE! That is what happens when you replace us! We'd have just jumped that little ditch!" :eek:

Or Perhaps: "Stupid humans, you'll learn not to have that second piece of pie!" :rotfl:

Beth:O

I sure hope it was down hill or the team that was hooking up to move that threshing machine would not have a prayer. It looks to be a 44"