• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

J. I. Case Pictures

DMash

Registered
Regarding the 1909 catalog link attached in post #302 by casetractor, page 26 shows a 2 speed option for the 32HP. Does anyone know if that option was ever purchased? Since the 32/110 is a scaled down 150, is it the same arrangement that Kory has on the 150 he built? Do any engines exist today with this option? If you don't want to look through the catalog I have attached a snip of that page. Thanks.

Attachments

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
DMash,
Colin knows much more about the subject than I do, but I'm going to say "a few" of those were built and some sold. This is likely the catalog view you speak of?

This is one that was sold. Note the gear inside the flywheel. If I remember correctly, Colin said more than one design was tried on these (and some 25 hp Case engines as well) before they dropped the two speed idea at Case. Gary

G Willikers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2020
Sifting through papers and found this. Not sure where it came from? Says engine owned by Fred Freshcette, Red Deer,AB, No. 35007

Attachments