• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Jacktown

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Well it was a tough start on Friday after work going to Jacktown. Only had a few near misses with the pick up and trailer loaded, one of which almost had me as a loaded tandem full of stone pulled right out in front of me on the way. With all the brakes locked up I somehow squeaked around him as the oh-sh-- kicked in . Then this flat bed trailer loaded with steel decided he had room to "SQUEZE" in front of me as we approached a red light doing about 20MPH. Didn't have to lock them up, but it was close. Then.... boy, I hate driving for other people, but that's what defensive driving is all about. I made it, got set up and then it started raining about 4:00pm and rained all night . Saturday after things dried out and warmed up a bit was a "GREAT" day. Rob came by and asked if I could speed up my 4HP IHC He timed it at 54 RPM . I just said it's retired . After a few 's, I left the show grounds at 2:45am for the trip home to avoid all the driving on the road. Made it home without incident. Now to unload all that stuff and put things away . Paul in NJ, just trying to have fun on the way through.

Jacktown

G

Gene O. Carpenter

Hey Paul,I know where there's a set of runnin gear like that under the photo you just posted,, about 30" dia, front and rear, axels,, whole thing,,, sitting in a junk yard up by Red Bank.. Was going to ask what he wanted for them but too big for any thing I have!!Besides if I bring anything else home Momma will kick me out..If yer innerested let me know and I'll ask him what he want's... I've know him for a few years so he'll let em go to me cheaper than if a stranger call's...

Gene in NJ still waiting for the fun to start...

B

Bill Decker

Had a great weekend at the Jacktown show. Didn't buy any engines but did get some great food and apple dumplings Also managed to purchase a few odds and ends that I needed.

The photo shown is of Lloyd Osmun's kersene Hercules engine which is quite unique. This is a thottle govern engine, but with the flip of a lever becomes a hit & miss Be sure to check out the pics [about 30] at the link below and make sure all you Quincy engines collectors see the Quincy tractor. Heard a interesting story behind the tractor but don't think the owner would appreciate it being public knowledge

Jacktown Fall Photo's

D

Doug Kimball

Bill, I think that engine is a Type H Waterloo Boy built by John Deere before coming out with the Model E

M

michael schweikert

Jeez Bill, I didn't make the photo line up this time??? Man am I bummed. I guess I'd better get me another engine to show!!!! MIke

B

Bill Decker

OOPPSS!

You're right Doug, it is a Waterloo engine Don't know what I was thinking

B

Bill Decker

Sorry Mike, I was trying to keep up with new things instead of showing the same all the time. Maybe a new engine will insure a picture next year