• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Jacobson Machine Mfg. Co., Warren, Pennsylvania

Don Worley

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Re: Jacobson Machine Mfg. Co., Warren Pa.

Original 7 hp Jacobson on an original cart. Original skid and battery box.
The serial number is written on the inside of the lid. I have seen several boxes with the number in the box.

Attachments

Heavy Metal

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/10/2019

Don, Is the engine original to that cart? I thought the portables were painted green.

Don Worley

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

So did I. All the woodwork is the same color as the engine and appears to be original. The cart is identical as one from factory advertising. I have a green 7 hp Jacobson. As soon as I think that I have things figured out I am proved wrong.

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

Don, is there a story behind that picture? We don't often see a trailer full of Jacobson engines!

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
04/22/2020

Hi Don, any pictures of the 1903 air compressor?

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
04/22/2020

No Denis, sorry, I don't. Ive never heard of one that is why I was inquiring about a picture. Thanks.

Randy Hart

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2016

Here is a jacobson compressor. I haven't found any numbers yet on it. And a photo of a jacobson engine from a show that is the same casting as the compressor.

Attachments

BSerfass

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019

Yesterday I had created a thread for a Maynard that I have just brought home. It is starting to look like it was a Jacobson. I think it started as an engine and someone converted this to a air pump. Any more info would be appreciated.

Attachments

Jonesey

Registered

Hi Denis
I’ve just finished restoring a Jacobson 2hp Sturdy Jack Pump and see it’s not on the register, it’s serial number is 5425, could you add it to the list with the below photos and do you know of anymore that are located in Australia ?
I do have a problem with it, when it starts up and gets to around 500rpm it gets a bad vibration, is this normal for that style of Jacobson considering it’s only 1 flywheel. The flywheel runout is only .3mm but there is a smallish hole in the outside of the flywheel refer photo.
Thks Les

Attachments

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

Thanks Les for sending in pictures of your nice little Jacobson engine.
I've added it to the Jacobson registry here:
http://buzzcoil.brinkster.net/moody/page101.html

I have not had the chance to own one of these so I don't known how they usually behave.

Its been a long time since I was able to add to the Jacobson registry, so if you have one that is not in the registry, please contact me and I will gladly do so.

Denis Rouleau

Preston Wells

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
Dennis and Don here are some pictures of a 3 hp type GE Ward engine. With s.n. 3837 Im thinking this might be a pretty early production engine. Would like to enter this into your registry if it is not already there. Would also like to know the year of manufacture. Am looking forward to getting this engine up and running again and building a new cart for it. I have a question for Don W if a crank guard is available and if there is documentation of the correct grease cups used on the mains and rod bearing. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Attachments

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Hi Preston, I've added your Jacobson to the Jacobson registry here:
http://buzzcoil.brinkster.net/moody/page101.html

In my estimate your Jacobson was built around 1912.

If someone else has a Jacobson they want added to the registry, now is a good time to contact me and I will gladly add it to the Jacobson registry.

Thank you!
Denis Rouleau