JB Control Wiring Diagram 611C853

Leon N.

Am I going crazy or what, but can someone take a look at the subject JB control wiring diagram (611C853 rev D) and confirm that the manual START/Stop switch is labeled backwards?

Seems to me in the diagram the start/stop switch must move to the stop position for the JB to start and to the right to stop the JB.

Leon N.

Jim, that particular diagram, 611C853 was down loaded some time ago. It was not referenced in any manual that I know of.

However, the same concern pertains to a very similar JB control wiring diagram, 611C805 which can be found on page 81 in the JB/ JC Major Overhaul manual, 967-500.

I think the start/stop switch labels are reversed when you trace the circuits on the diagram. Can you confirm? Thanks.

turtmaster

Subscriber
I'm not a 100% percent sure what you guys are specifically talking about, the one thing to keep in mind, Leon, is the standard spdt, toggle switch, for example, when you turn it to the left, on the back of the switch it connects the center to the right terminal, so it's essentially backwards from the way that you physically move the switch.

Jim McIntyre

Subscriber
Leon - I agree - the STOP and START labels seem to be reversed in the 611C805 diagram, at least if you think of it as an electrical schematic drawn to today's standards. But, it is actually a 'wiring diagram', and so it may not have been an error, for the reason TM mentions above...

Anyway, to stop the set, you need to ground the top terminal of resistor No 304A32, and that happens when the switch is in the 'START' position. So I think it is mis-labeled.

Ray Lynch

Subscriber
I'm not a 100% percent sure what you guys are specifically talking about, the one thing to keep in mind, Leon, is the standard spdt, toggle switch, for example, when you turn it to the left, on the back of the switch it connects the center to the right terminal, so it's essentially backwards from the way that you physically move the switch.
That's also my understanding of how that switch works in the control drawings for the JB. Definitely can be a head scratcher when you 1st look at it.
Ray