• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Onan: JC-4R/13975AA s/n J750982567

Wonder what the manufacturing date was, and how suitable it would be for backup for 4hp compressor? It's got an antique ats in pieces - looks complete, ... but...

Wonder what a reasonable price is at 300 hours if the ats is junk. I have a different ats I can use.

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Yup, 3ph compressor. Thank you!
Tom
I'll work through the load calc sheets, but since the compressor is new, with VFD, in an Emerson EXJM, I'm not sure the older approach is valid? I want to start a second unit while the first is running, and vfd effect on the start-up seems like it might affect the answer.
Anyone else running modern refer/hvac with variable speed scroll compressors on a JC set?
Thanks!

I'll work through the load calc sheets, but since the compressor is new, with VFD, in an Emerson EXJM, I'm not sure the older approach is valid? I want to start a second unit while the first is running, and vfd effect on the start-up seems like it might affect the answer.
Anyone else running modern refer/hvac with variable speed scroll compressors on a JC set?
Thanks!
What is length and width? Going to pick up, and not sure if it will fit between the uprights on our wheelchair lift...

New opportunity on much more "used" JC - a 12.5 with -18 genend, with transfer switch ... but 1800 hours on it. No enclosure (was installed indoors), November 1981 production. Any idea what a reasonable price would be with that many hours, and the "vintage" transfer switch?onan-12p5jc-xfr-1981.jpg

Wayne 440

Registered
I'm going to recycle a post that I have made several times in response to "what is it worth" questions.

The only ones who can determine the "fair" price are buyer and seller. Every sale and every generator is different. A set that will bring $300 today when the sun is out and power is on will have people lined up to buy it for $900 when the power is off next week. (I will spare you my thoughts about that particular kind of price gouging) If you already have several generators, one more may be worth less. If you don't own a generator, your power is off, power company says "it will be a while" and your spouse is jumping up and down, you will be waving cash and looking for anything that will make a TV, microwave and a few lights work.

I have bought used sets for prices between "thank you" and hauling it off, to several thousand dollars. A generator is worth whatever the buyer and seller agree on when it sells.