• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Jeff's old tug

Jeff S

Registered
Been workin on my old tug past couple of days. my son and I got one of our two 4 cyl flat heads running so now I don't mind doing a lot of the busy work, and lord knows there's a lot of busy workšŸ› šŸ˜ I had a couple of stupid attacks while getting the engine going but if I don't have one or two of those a day I'd know something was bad wrong lol. Since we haven't been able to find a pic and since it's stripped completely down we decided to Ian Roussel the bugger and start with a clean slate. Hopefully we'll end up with something close to what it was but uniquely our own. ( I don't often get to slip uniquely into many of my conversations ) I'm getting a bunch of the cobbled up crap cut off of it plus I got both the tranny and the rear end freed up. chain drive looks good and the mechanical brakes are in surprisingly good shape (after a ton of crap cleaned off of them.) Not to worried about all the fabricating and wrenching but can only hope I can do a decent job when it gets to the tin work, but that's a long way off. I hope to have it running by the time the Chickentown gas and steam show comes around at the end of mayšŸ”