• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Jensen - Looking for Condenser

gadgetconsumer

Registered
Hi All,
I have a Jensen #25G and wonder if there are any online sources for a nice looking condenser that I can attach by flexible line that looks better than the aluminum beverage can currently use. Would not want to confuse the contents of the condenser with other beverage while enjoying the operation of my engine. My #25G came mounted on a finished wood base with generator. I've seen plenty of nice condensers featured on other engines and called Jensen to see if they make anything. The very nice lady on the phone said they have not made this type of accessory for years and suggested I give a shout out to the online community.
Thanks,
Dave

Nick Severson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/24/2019
I will get some pictures for you of my recent antique shop finds, but what I would recommend is going to an antique shop or junk shop and finding cheap/ornamental brass vases, drill a small hole and solder on a short copper or brass pipe. You can add a drain or keep the pipe high enough and drain after the run.

If you want to go one step further, you can add a chuff enhancer to the inside, it basically looks like a whistle with a pipe soldiered on the bottom. Unfortunately we recently lost the maker of the nicest chuff pots, known as the OzSteamDemon, here is the chuff pot he had made for me.

gadgetconsumer

Registered
Oh my, now that's what I was looking for. Beautiful hand crafted piece that will complement any steam engine. Have you purchased from this source?
Thanks,
Dave