• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

John Bean Mfg. Co.

Andy Williams

Registered
I have a 1931 catalog that has an advertisement for the john bean mfg. co. Lansing, mi. and San Jose, ca. i know they made sprayers and small tractors.
This ad is for Auto shop equipment. the items are: brake drum lathes, brake relining machines, brake testers, shop vacuum cleaners, power blowers, air compressors, blow guns, small air powered vacuum cleaners, car lifts and car washing equipment. never heard of any of these items made by bean. just wondering if any have turned up?

Troll

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/10/2017
I have a 1931 catalog that has an advertisement for the john bean mfg. co. Lansing, mi. and San Jose, ca. i know they made sprayers and small tractors.
This ad is for Auto shop equipment. the items are: brake drum lathes, brake relining machines, brake testers, shop vacuum cleaners, power blowers, air compressors, blow guns, small air powered vacuum cleaners, car lifts and car washing equipment. never heard of any of these items made by bean. just wondering if any have turned up?
I've worked places that had John Bean equipment and it was first rate. They are still in business but I don't know if they are the same company or it's just a namesake.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Not sure that it's the same company. Back in my shop training days, the school had Bean company wheel alignment tools. First rate tools.