• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

John Deere 2A corn sheller with sacking elevator

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
I thought some guys would enjoy pics of this since there isn't many on Stak of 2As. I found this on Spokane WA Craigslist and shipped it here. Don't know how I was able to convince my parents on this one. Blew my projects and old stuff fund but oh well. The sheller was nicer than I thought it even had the original or what I think to be the original round belt in tact. Unfortunately the staple tore out while I was slowly turning it over to Clean out. Also unfortunately someone​ rattle canned the bottom elevator boot and feet red so I'm trying to figure out a safe way to remove it.

The only other major thing is the flywheel but it probably has the best farmer fix I've seen and I have a plan to get a new one.

Anyways thanks for looking,

Tim

Attachments

DeereWrench

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
That is a very nice sheller. You don't see them all together like that any more. Great find !!!

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
I'll throw it out there. A friend of mine and myself will be casting some if any are interested. Unfortunately Dutch isn't making them anymore so we're on are own.

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
Just to be clear Ted is still doing all the castings he used to. Just some of the flywheels he used to do wouldn't be economical and ship half way across the us after machining and casting costs.

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
Yeah there's plenty of guys needing them they always break through the bolt holes for the nubber. Out of the about 20 I've seen. One had a good spoked flywheel. The other mid production style was less like to crack.

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
Time to update this old thread. Finally got this thing completed. I guess I would like to find a large tray for it. If some one has a parts machine with one I’m interested.

Anyway. I got the new flywheel and nubber installed. Had to “make” custom bolts for the nubber. I also had to pull the sacker to get it on, that was not fun haha. (I’ll try to get better pics this week.) I actually installed that last fall.

Today I just installed a new fan belt, the factory pulley, and a right angle drive attachment.

I’d also like to make some skids soon too. The moving dollies make this beast easy to move though.

hopefully these pics will hold people over until I get a decent video.

Attachments

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
I forgot to add I twisted Dutch’s arm and he did end up making these flywheels. Thankfully we had like 5 guys that need them. Thanks to Mike Carpenter for loaning us his flywheel to use a pattern.