• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

John Deere B hitch Identification

Cooterrock

Registered
I'm hoping some of you JD folks can tell me what type of hitch this is and if it is an add on. I have attempted to attach a photo but have never used this site so not sure if it worked. 20191010_183721.jpg

Sonny Reese

Registered
That is part of a mounted plow, we had a 3-bottom one like that on our A tractor. These were made by Yakima for deere. I cut ours up and used it for welding iron. The B would struggle with even a 2-bottom plow. Do you have the the plow that goes with the hitch? I don't think the hitch would work with anything else.

Cooterrock

Registered
Thanks for the info. No I dont have the plow. I bought the tractor at an estate auction. Runs and operates great. I have a propane 50 that is beyond repair engine wise with front and rear cultivators. Thought about putting them on the B. I do have a 3 disc JD pull plow. Thought about selling all of it. My woods are fill of intended projects.

20191011_122006.jpg

20191011_121910.jpg