• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

John Neagley Auction

John C. Neagley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
04/08/2018
Due to declining health, I have decided to hold an auction sometime this fall. There will be something for everyone as I have accumulated an interesting inventory of items over the past 50 years. Steam, gas, electric, automotive, machines and parts. I'll post more info. as things progress. Thanks to everyone-John

greysteam24hp

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/31/2013
I knew John Neagley well. I never stop at his place but told me lot of stories where he got the interesting inventories in the past. He does alot of phone calls and emails to me for years.

Todd Warriner

Registered
This was in the local paper today

Provided to the Sentinel-Tribune of Bowling Green Ohio

John C. Neagley passed away on July 17, 2019.

He was born on May 27, 1948 to Charles and Florence (Folcik) Neagley. He married Marcia Eckel on May 25, 1974 and she survives him.

John was a 1966 graduate of Rossford High School include being the first senior class of Penta County Vocational School.

John was a member of the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Anyone John knew or met would hear about Jehovah’s promises, he never let an opportunity pass by.

John was an avid enthusiast of antique machinery, knowing how to fix anything that came before him. He will be missed by many for his talent and knowledge of anything mechanical, he was a mechanical genius.

Along with his wife Marcia, John is survived by his son Jacob (Michele); daughter Rebecca Hyzer (Aaron); grandchildren, Rylan and Dominic Hyzer, and Eric Moise; sister Deanne Mathews; and many nieces and nephews, including his nephew Joe.

John is preceded in death by his parents; his sister Kathleen Fox; and his brother Tony.

A memorial talk will be given on Aug 10, 2019 at 3 p.m. at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 2315 E. Wooster St., Bowling Green, Oh 43402.

whalenauction

Registered
Real Estate & Contents From the Late John Neagley
Steam Engines- Cars- Tractors
2-Days ~ Friday & Saturday March 6 & 7, 2020 @ 10:00a.m.

WATCH FOR DETAILS OR SEE WHALENAUCTION.COM

John Neagley was a passionate lifelong collector of Gas/Steam engines, Cars & Tractors. John also enjoyed helping others in his collective community. John became the local “Go to Guy” with magnetos, carburetor and mechanical repair of old engines. John will be well missed.

Property of the Late John Neagley ~ Owner: Marcia Neagley

WHALEN REALTY & AUCTION LTD

Auctioneers: John & Jason Whalen, Mike Murry, George Bly & Jacob Ramos
419-875-6317, info@whalenauction.com
Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed​

Last edited:

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I had the pleasure of meeting John about 10 years ago. I bought 3 or 4 engines from this guy who was cleaning up his property. He had an old Chevrolet car engine and I was not really interested in it, but he begged me to take it for 25.00 I brought it home and stored it for awhile and then decided to see if a member here could use it. I put an ad up here and John contacted me. He had as old Chevrolet that was his prized possession. I sold him the engine cheap and found a member who delivered it to John at Coolspring. After that, we talked on the phone several times and he told me he was in the SeaBees and stationed near me at Quonset Point RI. John knew allot about Rhode Island and he told me stories about his adventures chasing down antique cars. I knew several of the people he befriended when he was here. He led a colorful life. Last year I read with sadness that he had fallen on ill health and was going to have an auction in the fall and sell his lifetime collection of stuff. He never made it. 9 days after he posted his intention to have the auction, he passed away. So sad. I will never forget John. A very smart friendly man who would help anyone that needed it.