• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Join The New Industrial Revolution

typak

Subscriber
Great to see old iron doing real work in real time in this sugar mill, old machinery at its best.......:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtXM6XYQiTY

EDIT added:

It doesn't get much better than this unless you are one of the workers, that is. Gondang Baru is the most antiquated of Java's many sugar mills and much of the equipment shown was 100 years old, particularly the larger stationary steam engines.

60 Minutes so sit back and take it all in!

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Only got to watch the first 15 minutes, but I'll finish it up later.
With all those BIG engines to feed, I would love to see how many boilers they are firing. And how big they are. Burning cane remains to fire them?
Some of the governor belts look like they could fail at any minute. Bet that could get scary until the operator gets the valve closed!

crank

that is really something old machines still doing their job. I will look at sugar in a new way from now on.