• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

K-D generator?

ArodaPowerCo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/22/2019
That looks like a motor to me. Not sure that would work as a generator. Doesn't appear to be any way to excite the field. Looks like the power input goes thru the field then to the commutator.

The lifting eye made me laugh. :rotfl:

-Eric

Jim Sherman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/03/2019
That looks like a motor to me. Not sure that would work as a generator. Doesn't appear to be any way to excite the field. Looks like the power input goes thru the field then to the commutator.

The lifting eye made me laugh. :rotfl:

-Eric
The lifting eye is pretty funny.... does anyone collect old motors like this? I’m downsizing... (I know it’s small but I’m still going to sell it)

GeneratorGus

Registered
Jim,
I would have to say I did collect what I call "toy" motors. Now I only display the ones I have. There were a lot of manufactures and a "lot" of different models. Seems they were very popular way back in the early 1900's. Some of them were made to be useful machines, others, purely for amusement. They also had mini workshops with little machinery. I have an ad somewhere that calls them "toys for boys and men. That they are.
I have a no. 9, just like yours. The company K-D was originally Ken Davis.
Here are some ads and a picture of my display cabinet.

Attachments

Last edited: