• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Kane Gas Engine Co. Chicago Ill

MFaris

Registered
Does anyone know if any Kane engines still exist. I found a thread from 2002 where someone mentioned having a tag from one, but that's it.

I fully realize Kane re-tagged other engines, examples of which still exist. However I'm looking for an actual engine that is tagged Kane.

Thanks!

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
I used to own it. It was a complete running engine. It was very similar to the engine I have in the photo but seems like it had a jobber's name on it. I don't know if I've got a photo of it here somewhere or not but I'll look. I owned it well before the tornado hit my place so I may have a photo, may not. It changed hands a couple of times I remember and the last time I saw it (which was probably 25 or more years ago), it was at Kenny Wolf's place. I don't remember seeing it it last few times I've been at Kenny's so I'm sure its no longer there. Kenny may remember who he sold or traded it to.

Attachments

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
Found a very (very, very) poor quality photo that Ted Brookover took of it in the 90's. This engine is like the one in the photo with the exception it didn't have the hot tube chimney on the front. It had a flat, recessed center plate on the front. It possibly originally had the hot tube chimney and the flat plate was a replacement.

Attachments

Jason Dahm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
I used to own it. It was a complete running engine. It was very similar to the engine I have in the photo but seems like it had a jobber's name on it. I don't know if I've got a photo of it here somewhere or not but I'll look. I owned it well before the tornado hit my place so I may have a photo, may not. It changed hands a couple of times I remember and the last time I saw it (which was probably 25 or more years ago), it was at Kenny Wolf's place. I don't remember seeing it it last few times I've been at Kenny's so I'm sure its no longer there. Kenny may remember who he sold or traded it to.
Kenny had it for sale in his trailer at Coolspring last fall. Very elegant engine.