• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Keeping mice away from gens.

len k

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/12/2018
Saw this video about how to keep mice away from gens.
Maybe spray down the area around gen.

http://www.ehow.com/video_12162995_prevent-mice-building-nests-garage-shed.html?wa_vlsrc=continuous&pid=1&wa_vrid=fd2caa3e-5f37-4c89-a9de-4c431ebc75e3&cp=1

Another ideais hot pepper wax ( home depot) mixed with water to apply. I used it on my fruit trees, it stopped the worm issue . It has caspacin in it (the hot chemical in habinaro type peppers).

I haven't tried it but maybe if grind dry hot peppers in a coffee mill and mixed the dust with motor oil and spread inside gen control box. The oil would hold the dust in place. I believe the caspacin is oil soluble.

squidtrap

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/08/2018
i put cyan pepper on my bird food, cheaper than buying it pre mixed and it works great. keeps the tree rats away. should work with mice.

Jim McIntyre

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
...maybe if grind dry hot peppers in a coffee mill and mixed the dust with motor oil and spread inside gen control box. The oil would hold the dust in place...
Why not just plug up the mouse entrance holes? :shrug:

sdowney717

Registered
Years ago we bought some Tom Cat poison.
It worked very fast on mice and squirrels and birds.
Indiscriminately killing anything that ate it which you might not want to happen.
The birds would eat the bait, and die of thirst next to the water feeder. Oddly they would look like they exploded with their guts all over the feeder. I know squirrels disappeared, so I assume they died.

I see the EPA has now ordered the poisons be sealed in a plastic trap so only mice will eat the bait.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_333955-446-22486_4294612817__?productId=50213395&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Leon N.

Registered
The best way to keep mice away from your Onan is to set a mouse condo adjacent to it. Since I did that some 20 or o years ago, I have never had another mouse interested in my Onan. What a major relief this has been.