• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kellogg Air Compressor

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Oooh, that looks to be in really nice condition! I would have guessed that it is original. Does it appear to have been repainted? It certainly looks like the right color.

I admit that the motor is throwing me off. It doesn’t look like 1950’s, yet it appears to be painted the same...

Keith

Redpower33

Registered
Oooh, that looks to be in really nice condition! I would have guessed that it is original. Does it appear to have been repainted? It certainly looks like the right color.

I admit that the motor is throwing me off. It doesn’t look like 1950’s, yet it appears to be painted the same...

Keith
Yes it’s been repainted sometime in the 80s. i believe the motor was replaced at some point, not sure when exactly. My grandfather purchased it brand new to run his machine shop back in the day and has been passed though the family over the years. There are a few areas I would like to touch up, if I had the paint color. Obviously I could go get a paint match but was just curious if anyone knew of a color.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Ah. Unfortunately I don’t. The color on yours looks my 1960’s ones, so it’s close at least. Will probably have to get it matched.

Keith